吃 in English
- to eat
- to consume
- to eat at (a cafeteria etc)
- to eradicate
- to destroy
- to absorb
- to suffer
- to stammer (Taiwan pr. for this sense is [ji2])
- 口 (kǒu): mouth
- 乞 (qǐ): to beg;
Characters with the same pronunciation
- 哧: sound of giggling; see 呼哧[hu1 chi1];
- 嗤: laugh at; jeer; scoff at; sneer at;
- 媸: ugly woman;
- 摛: to spread (fame); wield (pen);
- 樆: manjack or cordia (genus Cordia); flowering plants in the borage family (300 species of shrubs and trees)
- 瓻: large wine jar;
- 痴: imbecile; sentimental; stupid; foolish; silly;
- 眵: discharge (rheum) from the mucous membranes of the eyes;
- 笞: to whip with bamboo strips;
- 絺: fine fibers of hemp; linen;
- 蚩: ignorant; worm;
- 螭: dragon with horns not yet grown (in myth or heraldry); variant of 魑[chi1];
- 魑: mountain demon;
- 鸱: scops owl;
- 黐: wood glue; sticky; bird-lime;
Sentences examples with 吃
Nàxiē cài, wǒ dōu xǐhuān chī.
Tā chī yīdiǎn.
Gǒu dōu tài xǐhuān chī.
Māo bù chī píngguǒ.
Wǒ chī mǐfàn, nǐ ne?
Words containing 吃, by HSK level
- 吃 (chī): to eat; to have one's meal; to eradicate; to destroy; to absorb; to suffer; to exhaust
- 吃亏 (chī kuī): to suffer losses; to come to grief; to lose out; to get the worst of it; to be at a disadvantage; unfortunately