Meaning and pronunciation of 打
Definition:to beat; to strike; to hit; to break; to type; to mix up; to build; to fight; to fetch; to make; to tie up; to issue; to shoot; to calculate; to play (a game); since; from;
HSK levels:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 丁 (dīng): fourth of the ten Heavenly Stems 十天干[shi2 tian1 gan1]; fourth in order; letter 'D' or roman 'IV' in list 'A, B, C', or 'I, II, III' etc; butyl; cubes (of food);
Sentences examples with 打:
Wǒ xiǎng dǎdiànhuà.
Jiějiě xǐhuān dǎ lánqiú.
Tā zài dǎ diànhuà ne.
Wǒ měitiān xiàwǔ dōu qù dǎ lánqiú.
Wǒ yī dàojiā jiù gěi tā dǎ diànhuà.
Words containing 打, by HSK level:
- 打扮 (dǎban) : to decorate; to dress; to make up; to adorn; manner of dressing; style of dress
- 打扰 (dǎrǎo) : to disturb; to bother; to trouble
- 打印 (dǎyìn) : to print; to seal; to stamp
- 打招呼 (dǎzhāohu) : to greet sb by word or action; to give prior notice
- 打折 (dǎzhé) : to give a discount
- 打针 (dǎzhēn) : to give or have an injection
- 打包 (dǎbāo) : to wrap; to pack; to ask for a doggy bag (at a restaurant)
- 打官司 (dǎguānsi) : to file a lawsuit; to sue; to dispute
- 打击 (dǎjī) : to hit; to strike; to attack; to crack down on sth; a setback; a blow; percussion (music)
- 打架 (dǎjià) : to fight; to scuffle; to come to blows; CL:场[chang2]
- 打量 (dǎliang) : to size sb up; to take measure of; to suppose; to reckon
- 打猎 (dǎliè) : to go hunting
- 打仗 (dǎzhàng) : to fight a battle; to go to war
- 精打细算 (jīngdǎxìsuàn) : (saying) meticulous planning and careful accounting
- 殴打 (ōudǎ) : to beat up; to come to blows; battery (law)
- 无精打采 (wújīngdǎcǎi) : dispirited and downcast (idiom); listless; in low spirits; washed out