Meaning and pronunciation of 点
Definition:point; dot; drop; speck; o'clock; point (in space or time); to draw a dot; to check on a list; to choose; to order (food in a restaurant); to touch briefly; to hint; to light; to ignite; to pour a liquid drop by drop; (old) one fifth of a two-hour watch 更[geng1]; dot stroke in Chinese characters; classifier for items;
HSK levels:1, 4, 5, 6
- 卜 (bo): divination
- 口 (kǒu): mouth
- 灬 (biāo): fire, legs
Characters with the same pronunciation:
Sentences examples with 点:
Tā chī yīdiǎn.
Xiànzài jǐ diǎnle?
Wǒ qù chāoshì mǎidiǎn er cài.
Qǐng chī diǎn er mǐfàn.
Jiālǐ méi chī dele, wǒmen qù mǎidiǎn er ba.
Words containing 点, by HSK level:
- 点 (diǎn) : a little; a bit; drop (of liquid); stain; spot; speck; jot; dot stroke (in Chinese characters); decimal point; point; mark (of degree or level); a place (with certain characteristics); iron bell; o’clock; some; (point) unit of measurement for type; to touch on briefly; to make clear; to light; to ignite; to kindle; period of time at night (24 minutes) (old); a drip; to dibble; classifier for small indeterminate quantities
- 一点儿 (yīdiǎn er) : a little (bit)
- 地点 (dìdiǎn) : place; site; location; venue; CL:個|个[ge4];
- 缺点 (quēdiǎn) : weak point; fault; shortcoming; CL:个
- 特点 (tèdiǎn) : characteristic (feature); trait; feature; CL:个
- 优点 (yōudiǎn) : merit; benefit; strong point; advantage; CL:个
- 重点 (zhòngdiǎn) : emphasis; focal point; priority; key; with the emphasis on; focusing on