- to rise
- to raise
- to get up
- to set out
- to start
- to appear
- to launch
- to initiate (action)
- to draft
- to establish
- to get (from a depot or counter)
- verb suffix, to start
- (before place or time) starting from
- classifier for occurrences or unpredictable events: case, instance
- classifier for groups: batch, group
- 走 (zǒu): to walk
- 己 (jǐ): personal
Characters with the same pronunciation
Sentences examples with 起
Duìbùqǐ, wǒ bù ài nǐle, wǒ jiù ài tā!
Wǒmen zhǔnbèi yīqǐ zài wán (er) yī xiǎoshí.
Ràng dàjiā qǐchuáng ba.
Xīguā yě yào yīqǐ xǐ.
Jiǎ: Duìbùqǐ. Yǐ: Méiguānxì.
Words containing 起, by HSK level
- 对不起 (duì bu qǐ): I'm sorry; excuse me; pardon me; if you please; sorry? (please repeat); unworthy; to let down;
- 起草 (qǐ cǎo): draft (a bill); draw up (plans)
- 起初 (qǐ chū): originally; at first; at the outset
- 起伏 (qǐ fú): to move up and down; to undulate; ups and downs
- 起哄 (qǐ hòng): to heckle; rowdy jeering; to create a disturbance
- 起码 (qǐ mǎ): at the minimum; at the very least
- 起源 (qǐ yuán): origin; to originate; to come from
- 掀起 (xiān qǐ): to lift; to raise in height; to begin; upsurge; to set off (a campaign)